You’ll be a key part of the Leapwise team, and will report directly into our Founder.
You will help to shape the focus of the business, and will be involved in discussions about organisational priorities. You will also be responsible for managing some of our most critical projects and our overall work with policing and justice organisations.
Given the importance of this hire to the team, you will have the potential to progress fast and lead a Practice Area/ Functional Business line as we grow, and potentially Partner of the business.
While your role can be shaped around your interests and expertise, you will spend most of your time managing project teams providing advisory services to clients in policing and justice sectors. You will also contribute to (and potentially lead) projects to design new methods and software products that help our clients to perform.
Reporting to and supported by the company founder, your days could include:
- Designing project methodologies and plans that support the delivery of desired client outcomes and outputs
- Developing insights and supporting teams and clients in their analytical and problem-solving work
- Editing and writing presentations, and presenting these to clients
- Ensuring project teams are co-ordinated and on-track, and colleagues are continuously learning and happy in their work
- Managing project scope – ensuring work plans reflect changing client priorities and feedback, while remaining within time and budget
- Supporting business development activities, including proposal writing, client pitches and lead identification
- Coaching staff and client contacts
- Measuring the impact of our projects and findings ways that we can continuously improve the support we provide our partners
- Codifying project methods that are delivering value and initiating product development activity where appropriate
- Taking part in design sprints for new software products
We seek to help you build your career and profile and will also support you in writing, speaking and other work that supports both your career and the company’s mission.
In usual circumstances (i.e. if coronavirus restrictions lift), you will spend about half of your time working at our clients who are based mainly in London and the South-East – though can be anywhere in the UK and sometimes overseas.
You will be extremely interested in how people make decisions, and improving decision-making in organisations. You will hold a good undergraduate degree and possibly a post-graduate degree (masters or PhD) – and this will ideally be in the areas of psychology, decision science, behavioural science, social science, economics or engineering. In addition, you will have:
- 7+ of relevant work experience – of which 4 or more years would be from working in a top tier or boutique consulting environment. Note that we would also consider candidates with less consulting experience but with very significant experience and expertise in policing/justice strategy or policy.
- Significant project management experience and/or excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including good writing and presentation skills
We also value:
- Familiarity with user-centred service design and consulting approaches
- Knowledge of and experience with organisational change approaches
- Analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative analysis
- A focus on generating and measuring results and learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- An interest in organisations and their decision-making approaches or in public policy/ NGO effectiveness
- Any experience in software development or product design
You will ideally find working in a start-up environment with an experienced founder interesting and exciting. You’ll be happy to muck in with pretty much everything and you’ll be really focused on making a difference to the people we work with and having a social impact.
We are a small, supportive and motivated team who provide as much flexibility as we can in our working environment to get the best from your talents. The basic terms of employment we offer are:
- Salary of £75-85k p.a. depending on skills and experience
- Option for full time or four days per week (pro rata salary)
- Performance related bonus tied to individual and firm performance
- A great office, but with a range of home working options to fit your needs when you are not working at clients
- 31 days holiday pro rata, including bank holidays. This will increase by 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum of 38 days
- Auto-enrolment pension (with 3% employer pension contribution)
- Both automatic and performance related annual pay increases
- Dedicated time for personal interest projects that can support the development of the business. After your initial training, this can account for a day or even more of your working time each week.
We want to learn and grow as an organisation and offer all our employees the opportunities they need to develop, and to teach us. We provide:
- Coaching and personal development from experienced leaders
- Support for any training and development you require to develop in your role
- A clear but flexible progression path
Read about our organisational values here
How to apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter by clicking the button below.
The deadline for applications is 20:00 on 16th Jan 2021.
Interviews will take place in March 2021. It is likely that interviews will either take place by video or in a socially distanced environment. Our office is at Runway East-Finsbury Park, 46 Clifton Terrace, London N4 3JP.
We are an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcome applications from groups that are under-represented in our sector. Our office is wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you have any access requirements or need any special equipment for the interview process.