(Full time or 4 days per week, £35-49,000 p.a. pro rata depending on skills and experience, plus 10% bonus dependent on firm and individual performance)
Do you want to change the way that organisations make decisions, and help them be more productive and impactful? Do you have at least 2 years – and typically more – experience in management consulting roles or similar, and good analytical skills?
If so, we have a brilliant job for you.
Leapwise is a mission-driven company that helps organisations make great decisions. We provide consulting support, training and software to improve organisational decision-making and performance, working across public, private and non-profit sectors. We are particularly passionate about public services and our clients include UK police forces, top tier consultancies, local and national government departments, charities and SMEs.
As we enter an exciting period of expansion, we are seeking to employ someone with strong analytical, consultancy and communication skills to help us deliver consultancy projects. We are strengthening our policing and health capabilities and particularly welcome those with relevant experience and expertise here.
You will work in a project team that conducts research for and delivers advisory services to public sector organisations, non-profits and companies. And you will contribute to (and potentially lead) projects to design new methods that help our clients to perform. This role has the choice of two focus areas – an analytic or a consulting focus.
Working to a project director, your days could include:
- Designing and conducting interviews, surveys and focus groups/ workshops
- Analysing quantitative data
- Leading project workstreams, particularly in analysis projects
- May include business development activities, including working with the team on project proposals and stakeholder management
- Producing reports and analytic insights / management advice for clients
- Writing on aspects of decision-making that interest you for our website and platforms
You will spend about a quarter of your time working at our clients who are based mainly in London and the South-East – though can be anywhere in the UK and sometimes overseas.
You will be extremely interested in how people make decisions, and improving decision-making in organisations. You will hold a good undergraduate degree and possibly a post-graduate degree in an area such as decision science, crime science/ criminology, psychology, economics, management or engineering. You will also:
- Have at least two years’ experience in a top tier consulting firm or similar
- 3+ years total work experience (we welcome applications with more, too)
- Structured thinking skills
- Analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Research skills in areas such as survey and interview design
- Strong communication skills, including good writing and presentation skills
- Project management experience and excellent organisational skills
- A focus on generating and measuring results and learning
- Interest in or knowledge of government and particularly policing or health
You will ideally find working in a small team interesting and exciting. You’ll be happy to muck in with pretty much everything and you’ll be really focused on making a difference to the people we work with and having a social impact.
We are a small, supportive and motivated team who provide as much flexibility as we can in our working environment for your talents to flourish. The basic terms of employment we offer are:
- £35-49,000 p.a. salary, depending on skills and experience
- A bonus of up to 10% of your base salary p.a., tied to company and individual performance
- A great office, but with a range of home working options to fit your needs when you are not working at clients
- 31 days holiday pro rata, including bank holidays. This will increase by 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum of 38 days
- Auto-enrolment pension (with 3% employer pension contribution)
- Both automatic and performance related annual pay increases
- Dedicated time for personal interest projects that can support the development of the business. After your initial training, this can account for a day or even more of your working time each week.
We want to learn and grow as an organisation and offer all our employees the opportunities they need to develop, and to teach us. We provide:
- Input into your job title so that it can support your future ambitions, and reflect your professional background
- Coaching and personal development from experienced leaders
- Support for any training and development you require to develop in your role
- A clear route to progression
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and Cover letter by clicking the button below.
The deadline for applications is extended to 20:00 on 31st of March 2021.
Interviews will take place in March 2021. It is likely that interviews will either take place by video or in a socially distanced environment. Our office is at Runway East-Finsbury Park, 46 Clifton Terrace, London N4 3JP.
We are an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcome applications from groups that are under-represented in our sector. Our office is wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you have any access requirements or need any special equipment for the interview process.