We have now closed applications to this role. Please watch out for future opportunities.
2.5 to 4 days per week, £22-32,000 p.a. pro rata, depending on skills and experience. Based in London, with remote working options.
Are you a mid-career marketing professional who wants more freedom, meaningful work and a broad range of work experiences? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Leapwise is a mission-driven company that helps organisations make great decisions. We provide consulting support, training and software to support improved decision-making in organisations. We work across public, private and non-profit sectors but are particularly passionate about public service and work that makes a difference.
Our clients include UK police forces, top tier consultancies, local and national government departments, charities and SMEs.
As we enter an exciting period of expansion, we are seeking a proactive sales and marketing executive to help us to grow and to communicate effectively with our customers.
Working with the small founding team, you will help develop and execute the organisation’s marketing plan, and support on our broader business development activity. This is a chance to get involved in all aspects of sales and marketing, to work with experienced leaders and to put into practice your great ideas, big and small. Your days could include:
- Developing and adjusting our marketing and sales plan, to prioritise the activities with the biggest impact
- Developing our content marketing strategy and driving its implementation
- Working with the team to develop the right sales and marketing materials/ assets
- Implementing campaigns across all media (social, digital, traditional)
- Putting in place basic CRM and customer outreach systems
- Supporting on bids and pitches
- Securing and managing the Director’s speaking engagements
- Drafting newsletters, press releases and website copy
- Measuring the impact of our marketing initiatives so we can continually improve
This role would suit an early or mid-career marketing or sales and marketing professional, who wants to be part of a growing organisation or an experienced marketing professional looking for a fresh challenge. We don’t expect you to have done everything that this broad role entails before, but you will have relevant experience and the ability to quickly learn and experiment with new approaches.
Our ideal candidate is a proactive doer with an imaginative streak. We also value:
- Experience in some of the marketing and sales roles described above
- Strong communication skills, including good writing
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- A focus on generating and measuring results and learning
- A feel for good design, or even experience
- Experience of marketing tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, or others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google G-Suite packages
- An interest in organisations and their decision-making approaches or in public policy/ NGO effectiveness
You will ideally find working in a start-up interesting and exciting. You’ll be happy to muck in with pretty much everything. And you’ll be focused on results.
We are a very small, supportive and motivated team who want to make a real difference to our clients. The basic terms of employment we offer are:
- £22-32,000 p.a. salary pro rata depending on skills and experience
- Flexible working days and hours (agreed on appointment). Please note we will consider applicants who wish to work 2.5, 3, 3.5 or 4 days, and make every effort to ensure work fits well around your life
- A great office, but with a range of home working options to fit your needs
- 31 days holiday pro rata, including bank holidays. This will increase by 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum of 38 days
- Auto-enrolment pension (with 3% employer pension contribution)
- Both automatic and performance related annual pay increases
We want to learn and grow as an organisation and offer all our employees the opportunities they need to develop, and to teach us. We provide:
- Access to a marketing mentor to support your professional and personal development (you will have some choice in who this is)
- Support for any training and development you require to develop in your role
- Direct reporting to the Managing Director and a full part in all aspects of marketing strategy
- Opportunities for your role to evolve as the company grows
How to apply
Please submit a C.V. and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 27 June 2020.
Interviews will take place in early July 2020. It is likely that interviews will either take place by video or in a socially distanced environment. Our office is at Clifton House, 46 Clifton Terrace, Finsbury Park, London N4 3JP.
We are an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcome applications from groups that are under-represented in our sector. Our office is wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you have any access requirements or need any special equipment for the interview process.